The HPI has committed itself to
- offering a university program in the field of IT systems engineering that meets the highest standards of research and teaching, thus enabling its graduates to assume a leading role in the IT research crucial to industry and society,
- contributing to the development of computer science internationally, and, in close cooperation with partners from academic research and industry, advancing the engineering discipline of IT Systems Engineering,
- using its capabilities to address major societal challenges and to promote the implementation of innovative solutions in industry and society in collaboration with other stakeholders.
In this sense, our further specific objectives are:
- to motivate and inspire young talents to pursue a degree in information technology,
- to provide students the latest knowledge, practical skills and ability for cross-disciplinary collaboration under the best possible conditions,
- to complement our study program in computer science by fostering social skills (soft skills), innovation and entrepreneurship,
- to introduce suitable students early to an internationally successful research career,
- to produce highly qualified specialists who are willing and able to assume social responsibility in a complex and fast-changing world
- to promote learning as a lifelong process and by means of IT technology ensure a rapid transfer of knowledge and technology into practical application.