The research at the chair of Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel focuses on investigation of scientific principles, methodes and technologies to design and implement novel Internet technologies and innovative Internet-based IT-systems [more reading]. We concentrate on efficient treatment of big data und revealing potentials of Cloud computing and In-Memory technologie. In particular, we are scientifically active in the following application fields:
- Security and Trust Engineering, in particular
- Network Security: Security Analytics, Vulnerabiliy Data Base, IPv6-Security, ...
- SOA-Security: Trusted Cloud, Model-driven Security, Identity Managment, ...
- Security Awarness: Tele-Lab IT Security, SOA Security Lab, Software Survaillance, ...
- Knowledge Management and Engineering, in particular
- Design Thinking Research: Tele-Board, collaborativ creativity, prototyping ...
Former research interests from Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel and his team aer focused on the theoretical foundations of computer science, in particular on
- OBDD-based data structures and algorithms for the design and formal verification of digital systems and VLSI circuits, and on
- Computational Complexity.
Third Party Contract Research: The results of our academic research as well as the results of our contract research work are published and tested for usability at hand of self designed pilot systems. Later they are delivered to public, business and/or society.
Teleteaching and E-Learning Offers: The Team of Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel designs and develops innovative IT systems for technologically supporting university learning and teaching, e.g.,
- the platform openHPI for providing massive open online courses (MOOCs),
- the mobile tele-TASK system for recording and broadcasting university lectures and presentations,
- the Internet portal www.tele-task.de for the presentation and personalization of more than 4.000 tele-lectures,
- the virtual Internet labs Tele-Lab IT-Security and SOA-Lab, or
- the Tele-Board system for supporting interactive cooperation of distributed teams of designers and developers.