The research at the chair of Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel focuses on investigation of scientific principles, methodes and technologies to design and implement novel Internet technologies and innovative Internet-based IT-systems amd applications [more]. Hereby we concentrate on efficient treatment of big data und revealing potentials of Cloud computing and In-Memory technologie. In particular, we are scientifically active in the following application fields:
Former research interests from Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel and his team were focused on the
The results of our academic research as well as the results of our contract research work are scientifically published, and tested for usability at hand of self designed pilot systems. Later they are delivered to public, business and society.
The Team of Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel has designed and developed several innovative IT systems for technologically supporting learning and teaching, e.g.,
- the platform openHPI of HPI for providing massive open online courses (MOOCs),
- the mobile tele-TASK system for recording and broadcasting university lectures and presentations,
- the Internet portal www.tele-task.de for the (personalized) presentation of more than 5.000 tele-lectures,
- the virtual Internet labs Tele-Lab IT-Security and SOA-Lab, or
- the Tele-Board system for supporting interactive cooperation of distributed teams of designers and developers.