The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, is one of Germany‘s excellence centers in Computer Science and IT Systems Engineering.
At the chair of Prof. Dr. Falk Uebernickel, you will become an essential part of an intercultural and interdisciplinary team of researchers. In particular we are focusing on aspects of human-centredness, resilience, resistance, inertia and strategic cognition as well as on the upcoming phenomenon of Digital Innovation Units. Our projects are funded by the industry and the Hasso Plattner Design Thinking Research Program (HPDTRP).
The SUGAR Network is the largest academic and global Design Thinking network. It is since 2019 hosted by the Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam. The 26 globally renown member universities collaborate with each other through a highly practical and innovation oriented 9-months multidisciplinary course. The main focus of the network is to globally enable responsible innovation through human centricity. In the course of our operations, the HPI gGmbH is currently seeking as of April 1st, 2021 a Network and Strategy Coordinator (m/f/d). The position is a fixed-term (2 years) and full-time position, located in Potsdam, Germany.
In the course of our ongoing expansion, we are currently seeking a
Network & Strategy Coordinator (m/f/d)
for our location in Potsdam.
The position is fixed-term (2 years) and full time.
Your future tasks
- Definition & Execution of the SUGAR Network strategy
- Planning, designing and running various events and workshops
- Content management of the social media channels in collaboration with the SUGAR social media team
- Independently plan, implement, and coordinate projects for the stabilization and growth of a global Design Thinking network
- Conceptualize and plan new academic content, strategies, and programs in cooperation with the team (and with member universities)
- Support the acquisition and the relationship management with member and future universities
- Support of the local administration of the Global Team-based Innovation course (http://gti-hpi.de) at HPI
- Completed university studies (preferably with the experience of the SUGAR, ME310 course, D-School program or comparable design thinking education programs)
- Master’s degree is preferred and work experience/ internships in a similar industry, in start-ups and/or teaching at a university is an advantage
- Interest in working and engaging with a multinational, diverse group of university students, faculty, and corporate partner
- Professional fluency in English needed and a 2nd language that is represented in the network is an advantage
- Open to travel and willingness to learn German
What we offer
- A first-class, active and inspiring international working environment
- Flat hierarchies, a motivated team and none-bureaucratic cooperation’s
- Working at HPI campus Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee) near to Berlin
- Participation in the university recreational activities for a highly reduced fee
Your application should consist of the following:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position (English);
- Detailed CV (English only);
- BSc and MSc certificates (English or German);
- Transcript of records from High School (English or German);
- Digital copy of MSc Thesis (English or German);
- List of publications (English or German) (optional);
For further information on the HPI, please contact us directly or visit our homepage: https://www.hpi.de.
Please submit your application documents (only as PDF) by March 5th 2021 via email to: david.hahn(at)hpi.de
Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering gGmbH
Chair of Prof. Dr. Falk Uebernickel
Prof. Dr. Helmert Strasse 2-3,