The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, offers a highly practical and engineering-oriented computer science study program, which is unique throughout Germany.
At the chair of Prof. Dr. Falk Uebernickel, you will become an essential part of an intercultural and interdisciplinary team of researchers. Your research will focus on Digital Transformation and Innovation projects in various industries and sectors. In particular we are focusing on aspects of human-centredness, resilience, resistance, inertia and strategic cognition as well as on the upcoming phenomenon of Digital Innovation Units. Our projects are funded by the industry and the Hasso Plattner Design Thinking Research Program (HPDTRP).
In the course of our ongoing expansion, we are currently seeking a
Ph.D. student and research assistant (m/f/d)
in the area of “Digital Transformation and Innovation”
for our location in Potsdam. The position is fixed-term and full time.
Your future tasks
- Conducting systematic and high level research in the fields of Digital Transformation and Digital Innovation.
- Willingness to have a publication-driven focus
- Willingness to expand our existing research scope towards new directions like digital sustainable innovations
- Research on fundamental topics as part of a diverse and dynamic team
- Operational responsible for the Design Thinking lecture (GTI) in an international setting
- Close collaboration with renowned universities
- Plannable doctoral studies (three years)
- Master’s degree in information systems science (Wirtschaftsinformatik), business administration with focus on innovation management or Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English and willing to learn German;
- Ability to work in an international multidisciplinary team; Willingness to travel.
What we offer
- A driven team in which we are fully committed to helping you achieve ambitious research publications goals.
- An inspiring working environment in which we support every individual in enhancing their capabilities as a researcher.
- Open cooperation among many nationalities is also part of our philosophy.
- A pragmatic work environment where we are practical and results-oriented.
- Flat hierarchy and an unbureaucratic approach - enjoy the trust and acting independently!
Your application should consist of the following:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position (English);
- Detailed CV (English only);
- BSc and MSc certificates (English or German);
- Transcript of records from High School (English or German);
- Digital copy of MSc Thesis (English or German);
- List of publications (English or German) (optional);
All documents must be written either in English or German. Please pay close attention to the different language requirements for each application document. In case the original language of the document does not meet the criterion, a certified English translation is necessary.
Application documents (pdf) should be sent as to Prof. Dr. Falk Uebernickel via email: falk.uebernickel(at)hpi.de.
The position will be open at the end of June 2021.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH
Chair of Prof. Dr. Falk Uebernickel