Werkstudent (m/w/d) in Data Engineering for Large Scale EHR
Use your skills in data engineering and data science skills to deliver impact: help us to predict and prevent major health events based on Electronic Health Records from Mount Sinai Hospital (NYC, US) ! At the Digital Health Center of the Hasso-Plattner-Institute (https://hpi.de/digital-health-center), we are looking for a student assistant (10-15 h/week) for a cutting-edge research project at the intersection of data engineering, data science and healthcare.
Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, offers a highly practical and engineering-oriented computer science study program, which is unique throughout Germany. HPI’s university research earns international recognition, with the main focus of its teaching and research on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
- Ingest a very large scale EHR database in a column store, in memory database (SAP HANA)
- Setup and maintain HANA in a remote cloud infrastructure (AZURE)
- Actively participate in adding functionalities to the python library “FIBER” (written by students of HPI to ease
the ETL process of EHR data for advanced Machine Learning techniques).
- Actively participate in research for state of the art clinical predictive modelling
- You are enrolled in a course of Computer Science, Data Engineering, Data Science or related subjects
- Some experience with setting up and managing databases (ideally SAP HANA, but not a must)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure is appreciated.
- Experience with Python, SQL and linux environments.
- Enthusiasm about working with large scale (data from more than 8 million patients), real world health records.
- Good organising and planning skills.
- Good communication skills
What do we offer you?
- You gain insights in cutting-edge interdisciplinary research of digital health.
- You will gain experience in handling large scale real world data
- You will gain experience in the ever more demanding field of data engineering and data science
- You are part of an international and interdisciplinary team eager to improve healthcare.
- You enjoy a StartUp atmosphere with team events and free supply of coffee and fruits
- You work independently with flexible hours and location.
We look forward to receiving your application including detailed curriculum vitae with taken courses and previous experience.
Please submit your application documents via email to suparno.datta(at)hpi.de
Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering gGmbH
Prof. Dr. Helmert Strasse 2-3,