We are seeking a highly-qualified
Research Assistant and Ph.D. Student (m/f/d)
What to expect
The Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts (EPIC) research group led by Prof. Dr. h.c. mult. Hasso Plattner (cofounder of SAP) focuses on the technical aspects of business software, in particular the principles of in-memory data management, and the integration of different software systems into an overall system to meet customer requirements. This involves studying the conceptual and technological aspects of basic systems and components for business processes as well as its influence on end-users. Developing solutions tailored to user needs in a timely manner requires well-designed tools and methods for enterprise systems design and engineering. We apply our findings to real-world scenarios and showcase future enterprise applications by developing and evaluating functional prototypes closely together with our industry partners. As a research assistant and PhD student in the EPIC research group, you will be part of a technology-focused team that investigates the future generation of enterprise software. We conduct ongoing research in the areas of in-memory data management, concepts of modern enterprise applications, and tools & methods for enterprise systems design and engineering. We are looking for exceptional candidates to strengthen our research group who are interested in both conceptual work as well as software engineering. To finally reach a PhD degree, you are expected to identify and work on specific research questions related to Enterprise software and the group’s topics.
This work includes but is not limited to acquisition of expertise in in-memory databases, cloud-native development, and enterprise integration; development of working prototypes in close collaboration with our industry partners; publishing and presenting your results at international conferences and journals; and finally supporting our teaching activities.
Skills and competencies
- Very good university degree in computer science, mathematics, software engineering, or a related field
- Agile programming skills with strong competencies in data structures, databases, and cloud-native development
- Good analytical skills in order to assess data and present core insights in a clear and compelling way
- Great interest in exploring new technologies and understanding how these help to tackle enterprise challenges
- Reliable and open-minded with strong team working skills, determined to reach a goal in time as well as the ability to work independently and to prioritize
- Fluent English and preferable German language skills - written and verbal
Interested? Get in touch with us!
für Digital Engineering gGmbH
Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts