The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI), academically structured as the independent Faculty of Digital Engineering at the University of Potsdam and one of its research groups (Information Systems) is looking for a highly qualified
Junior Researcher/Ph.D. (m/f.)
Are you interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in computer science in a world-leading research institute?
A creative, active, internationally renowned research group, support for publication at leading international conferences, support in pursuing a Ph.D., and an friendly working environment in a new, technically excellent campus. HPI is located close to Berlin, offering a wide variety of educational opportunities, recreation and tourism, and cultural events. Being directly connected to the Berlin metro rail system, HPI can be reached from Berlin city center in about 25 minutes. Both Potsdam and Berlin are very vibrant cities, and have large student and international communities.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.hpi.de/naumann/web-science-group.html
- A very good master's degree (or an equivalent university degree) in computer science or related disciplines (e.g., mathematics, computational linguistics, information sciences, etc.) and will target a Ph.D. degree
- We expect eagerness to participate in team work
- Outstanding analytical competence, strong interest in interdisciplinary research and excellent programming and communication skills
- Language skills in German are welcome
- Qualified candidates who have not yet completed their master's are also encouraged to apply
Start from: June 1st, 2018 (negotiable)
How to apply:
Candidates are invited to apply with:
- Detailed curriculum vitae and copies of degree certificates/transcripts,
- A statement of interest / letter of motivation, writing samples/copies of relevant scientific papers
- Letter of recommendation.
If you are interested please send your application (in PDF format) with the subject heading 'Application for PhD position' until April 30th, 2018 via email to ralf.krestel(at)hpi.de
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH
Dr. Ralf Krestel