Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, offers a highly practical and engineering-oriented computer science study program, which is unique throughout Germany. HPI’s university research earns international recognition, with the main focus of its teaching and research on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The Digital Engineering Faculty, established jointly by Hasso Plattner Institute and the University of Potsdam, is one of Germany‘s excellence centers in Computer Science and IT Systems Engineering. In the course of our ongoing expansion, we are currently seeking
Doctoral Students (Ph.D.) / Postdoctoral Researchers (m/f/d) for Quantum Technologies
In the fields of
- Quantum Computing
- Algorithms for Quantum Computing
- Cybersecurity for Quantum Computing
for our Innovation Research and Digital Education Research Group at the “Internet Technologies and Systems” chair, based in Potsdam, Germany.
Your future tasks:
- Research and development of IT architecture, efficient algorithms and/or new paradigms for cybersecurity in the field of quantum computing
- Contribute to the open-source frameworks
- Presentation of research results on top-tier scientific conferences
- Participate in collaborative work with industrial partners
- An outstanding master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in computer science, physics, targeting a Ph.D. degree
- Passionate about developing new paradigms in quantum computing
- Strong programing experience in Python and C
- Eagerness to participate in teamwork, outstanding analytical competence, and a strong interest in current quantum computing research
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in spoken and writing. Language skills in German are welcome.
- A high level of dedication, independence, flexibility and teamwork complete your profile
- Paper publication record as a plus
What we offer:
- A creative, active, internationally renowned research group and an outstanding working environment
- Support for publication at leading international conferences and in journals
- Collaborative working experience with leading technology industries such as Facebook, Huawei, Alibaba, SAP etc.
- Cooperation with first-class students as one of the best computer science degree programs in Germany
- Practical research, real use cases and challenges in the big data environment
- Flat hierarchies, motivated teams and none-bureaucratic cooperations
- Working at the HPI campus in Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee) near to Berlin
- Attractive employee benefits (corporate benefits)
Excellent candidates are invited to apply with
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position
- Detailed curriculum vitae and copies of degree certificates/transcripts
- Publication record and samples of relevant scientific papers
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- Salary expectations
- Possible date of entry
The position is immediately available. We will consider applications until the vacancy is filled.
Application documents (as pdf) should be sent to Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel (hr-meinel(at)hpi.de).
Hasso-Plattner-Institut for Digital Engineering gGmbH