HPI Research School: Ph.D. and Postdoc Scholarships
The Digital Engineering Faculty, established jointly by Hasso Plattner Institute and the University of Potsdam, is one of Germany‘s excellence centers in Computer Science and IT Systems Engineering.
Annually, the Institute’s Research Schools offer
20 Ph.D. and Postdoctoral Scholarships
With their interdisciplinary and international structure, HPI’s two Research Schools on “Service-oriented Systems Engineering” and “Data Science and Engineering” interconnect HPI’s research groups as well as its branches at the University of Cape Town, Technion, and Nanjing University.
HPI Research Groups
The HPI professors and their research groups ensure high quality research and will supervise Ph.D. students in the following topic areas:
- Algorithm Engineering, Prof. Dr. Tobias Friedrich
- Business Process Technology, Prof. Dr. Mathias Weske
- Computer Graphics Systems, Prof. Dr. Jürgen Döllner
- Data Engineering Systems, Prof. Dr. Tilmann Rabl
- Digital Health, Prof. Dr. Erwin Böttinger, Prof. Dr. Bert Arnrich, Prof. Dr. Christoph Lippert
- Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts, Prof. Dr. h.c. Hasso Plattner
- Human Computer Interaction, Prof. Dr. Patrick Baudisch
- Information Systems, Prof. Dr. Felix Naumann
- Internet Technologies and Systems, Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel
- Operating Systems and Middleware, Prof. Dr. Andreas Polze
- Software Architecture, Prof. Dr. Robert Hirschfeld
- System Analysis and Modeling, Prof. Dr. Holger Giese
Applications must be submitted by August 15 of the respective year, see here for details.
For more information on HPI’s Research Schools please visit: www.hpi.de/research-schools