Job offer by the Hasso Plattner Foundation
- You will work together closely with the Investment Team on different projects with the goal of developing software solutions that help us assess portfolio risks and ultimately contribute to improve our investment outcomes.
- You help to design, implement, and optimize tools that guide our strategic asset allocation, portfolio analytics, and assist with data visualization. This is an ideal opportunity to apply data science and machine learning techniques in a real-world financial context.
- You will migrate existing functionality from legacy systems (primarily Excel and VBA) to Python.
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or an equivalent subject.
- Data-science-oriented programming skills in Python (including NumPy, Pandas, scikit).
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks and Git is a plus.
- A good understanding of basic statistical concepts and techniques (e.g., Monte Carlo simulations).
- A basic understanding of finance theory is beneficial but not required.
- Fluency in English, German is a plus.
- You are available for at least 6 months, preferably longer.
- Unassailable integrity and discretion
- Passion for excellence, attention to detail and curiosity for scientific work are a must.
- Independent, self-reliant way of working with a focus on “getting things done”
What do we offer you?
- A working student position for 10-20 hours per week.
- The unique possibility to help build a software toolkit for the largest, private charitable foundation in Germany from scratch using state-of-the-art technology applied to the latest finance theory.
- A great and motivated team with flat hierarchies that will mentor you.
- Flexible working environment that is mindful of your university schedule and the option to partially work remotely.
- For a longer-term candidate and if of interest, support for the CFA Institute Investment Foundations Program.
Please send your CV, references and diploma (motivation letter is not required) compiled to one document, with your earliest entry date via e-mail to Vicki Kormesch, vicki.kormesch(at)plattner.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!