Shape with us the future of digital entrepreneurship.
Hasso-Plattner-Institute is a world-wide unique place for Digital Engineering and Design Thinking. We highly value entrepreneurship as it unlocks vast opportunities to really make an impact – for our society, our planet, and our economy. Entrepreneurship constitutes a deeply rewarding and personally enriching career option. Every day we work hard to create and offer the most inspiring ecosystem and formats bringing together purpose- and need-driven ideas, talents, tech know-how, network and partners. All with one goal: unleashing the full entrepreneurial impact.
We are now creating an even greater place for digital entrepreneurs: a home, driver and pilar for founders and startups making a difference. We are creating HPI-E: a strongly founder-oriented and execution-driven entrepreneurship ecosystem:
E-School.The School of Entrepreneurship provides formats elevating ideas and innovation to entrepreneurial activities.
We focus on inspiration, motivation, and education as well as on need-driven ideation, business creation and team building.
E-Cultivator. We are the cultivator of a growing startup ecosystem. We provide targeted support for our growing number of founders and startups. We develop tailor-made offers for our startup teams, including need-oriented mentoring and coaching, business support, access to partner networks and financing, collaboration and acceleration, boot camps and more.
E-Space. We provide premises where everyone and everything related to founding a company will come together. E-Space will form the physical, founder-focused place, providing space for co-working and lots of random and curated opportunities for founders, startups, and students to easily get in touch with each other.
And this is where you come into play. To build our new ecosystem we are looking for a
Research Assistant and Ph.D. Student Digital Entrepreneurship (m/f/x)
- You are responsible for concepting, designing, organizing and executing our entrepreneurship-oriented formats within our ecosystem, e.g. lectures, events, workshops for students, startups etc.
- You create awareness among the HPI students about founding, e.g. support building a founder community.
- You support us in scouting ideas within the HPI ecosystem.
- You support us in coaching the startup teams within our ecosystem.
- You are free and encouraged to try and learn what works best within our unique environment.
- You prepare your doctoral thesis (at HPI or externally) ideally at the interface between IT and entrepreneurship.
- You hold a master’s or diploma degree in economics, computer science or other domain-related discipline with above average grades.
- You are excited about entrepreneurship and ideally bring first experiences as startup founder, employee or advisor. Other working experience is a plus.
- You ideally bring experience how to create successful entrepreneurship formats leading to more ventures within scientific environments.
- You work customer-centered, you execute fast, you rethink, and gradually implement what works.
- You possess strong communication and presentation skills and enjoy working with a high degree of responsibility, commitment and team-work spirit.
- You are fluent in English and ideally German (reading and writing).
- We offer you a unique opportunity to shape with us the future of entrepreneurship within one of Europe's most reputed digital engineering ecosystems.
- Think and act like a founder yourself, with a high level of flexibility, responsibility, and lots of room to execute.
- Work closely together with HPI Seed Fund in supporting the portfolio companies.
- Work as part of a motivated, open, and growing team in an inspiring and international environment.
- A secure job with attractive, competitive compensation, flexible working hours, flat hierarchies, and unbureaucratic cooperation.
- A great, easy to reach workplace
located at a lakeside directly at S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee.
Interested to make a difference?
Look no further and send us your application documents, including your resume, references, salary requirements and earliest possible starting date. Please send your application in PDF format to e-matters(at)hpi.de.
Hasso-Plattner-Institut | Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Straße 2-3 | 14482 Potsdam | www.hpi.de/entrepreneurship.