We are organizing this lecture together with Prof. Dr. Christian Dörr and the chair of „Cybersecurity – Enterprise Security“ in the spring semester of 2022.
Target group: Students of the Cybersecurity Master's Programme
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Christian Dörr (Chair of Cybersecurity – Enterprise Security)
Goals of the lecture
- Work on and solve practical and realistic problems in small teams
- Provide the partner companies with practical approaches to solving problems in the field of IT security
- Start: April 2022, Duration: 3 Months
- Workload for students: 1-2 days per week
- After an introductory event for presenting the tasks and finding the teams, the students will work on the solution throughout the semester and then present it at a final presentation.
- Accompanying events, coaching and feedback sessions will take place to support the solution of the tasks and enable further contact points.
Close, practical cooperation with partner companies
- Introduce a Cybersecurity challenge with practical relevance
- Participation in the introductory event to present the problem definition and in the final event to receive and evaluate the project results
- Coachings and feedback sessions with the students
Example topics for challenges
- Analysis of the security situation of the current IT landscape & identification of optimisation possibilities
- Design/development of concepts, metrics to increase IT security
- Conception of a migration from legacy IT to more modern environments
- Evaluation and improvement of security processes