In cooperation with the idea providers/project managers of the three topics available for selection, we are offering this exciting event in the summer semester of 2021.
Addressees: Students of all HPI Master's programs.
Lecturer: Dr. Frank Pawlitschek, Annalena Lorson
Goals of the Event
- Getting to know the process and various "experiments" for testing business ideas
- Developing and step-by-step testing of practical, realistic business ideas on one of three different topics in small teams
- Start: May 2021, Duration: 3 months
Workload for students: 1-2 days per week.
- A total of five block events will take place, consisting of four lecture blocks and a final presentation.
- In an introductory session, the "Testing Process" and three topics are first presented, from which the students can each choose one to work on in a team. The teams are formed accordingly. The students are then asked to develop a business idea for their chosen topic and test it for its market demand with the help of various experiments - which are discussed in the following lecture blocks. The results are then presented at a final presentation.
Close practical involvement of the idea providers
- All three ideas/technologies originate from (ongoing) HPI projects whose responsible persons are available for questions
- Inclusion in introductory event to present the problem and evaluation of the project results in the context of a final event
- Feedback appointments for the teams
The topics available for selection (still incomplete)
- A Technology for Recognition and Analysis of Facial Expressions, Gestures and Tone of Voice of a (Live) Video Recording