September 8th - October 14th, 2022
No matter where we are located or where we have lived, we have all faced various educational challenges ranging from access, to quality, relevance, and resources, to policies, and many more categories. Therefore, everyone understands that we urgently require new approaches, innovations, points of view, and skills to face today’s and, more importantly, tomorrow’s world.
The HPI School of Design Thinking in Potsdam is partnering up with several global sponsors and Design Thinking institutions from the Global Design Thinking Alliance to innovate and create solutions tackling the 4th Sustainable Development Goal as defined by the United Nations: "Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all."
To celebrate 15 years of Design Thinking in Potsdam, we have designed a unique opportunity for learners to create global impact while experiencing Design Thinking in diverse and multidisciplinary teams. Join the Global Design Thinking Challenge in September and October and co-develop innovative ideas to ensure quality education globally!
We will virtually kick off the Global Design Thinking Challenge at the “Design Thinking ImpAct Conference" in Potsdam, connecting learning, community, and impact in a vibrant, interactive and experiential approach. The winning teams will have the opportunity to present their most inspiring solutions at the d.confestival in Cape Town.
Sustainable Learning in Schools
Our overarching global challenge is tackling the 4th Sustainable Development Goal of "Quality Education". This is our guiding frame for the workshop.
The program will enable participants to learn the Design Thinking process while gaining a deeper understanding of their local contexts, identifying relevant opportunities to engage locally and globally as well as prototype, develop and build scalable solutions.
- Hyflex program design (work on or off-site)
- Create real impact working on a real global challenge
- Engaging with participants from other Design Thinking institutions from the network of the Global Design Thinking Alliance (GDTA) taking on the same challenge
- The public is included in voting for ideas they wish to see realized
- Expert panel to select top ideas to be presented at the d.confestival in Cape Town
- International coaching team
- Program in English
- Free of charge
- 45-55 hours of work time expected (25 live program time, 20 self-directed teamwork)
- Video pitch deliverable required
- Team-based approach requiring active and consistent participation
On the Hasso Plattner Institute website you can find further information about the course.
Apply now for the Global Design Thinking Challenge
We invite students from all disciplines and universities as well as young professionals to apply for the Global Design Thinking Challenge. You can apply via our online platform until August 7th, 2022.
HPI students can register directly by email to the Studienreferat.