Information Integration (Wintersemester 2019/2020)
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Felix Naumann
- Weekly Hours: 4
- Credits: 6
- Enrolment Deadline: 01.10.-30.10.2019
- Teaching Form: Lecture / Exercise
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- Course Language: English
- Maximum number of participants: 50
Programs & Modules
- OSIS-Konzepte und Methoden
- OSIS-Techniken und Werkzeuge
Information integration is the merging of heterogeneous information from various data sources to a homogenous, clean dataset. This lecture introduces this ever-important topic. It will cover the basic technologies, such as distributed database architectures, techniques for virtual and materialized integration, and data cleansing technologies.
Basic knowledge in the area of database management (DBS I).
- Ulf Leser and Felix Naumann: Informationsintegration, dpunkt Verlag, 2006.
This book is available at the UP library, as a free download from dpunkt and also, e.g., from Amazon.de.
- Doan, Halevy, and Ives: Principles of data integration, Morgan Kaufmann, 2012.
- Özsu and Valduriez: Principles of distributed database systems, Springer, 2011.
- Stefan Conrad: Föderierte Datenbanksysteme, Springer, 1997.
Throughout the lecture we will refer to various scientific papers, that serve as in-depth references.
Lecture with exercises
An data integration project will be happening throughout the semester. Successfull completion of these project task is necessary to be admitted to the written exam, which will take place end of semester.
Please see website