Next Generation Internet II (Wintersemester 2005/2006)
Lecturer: Dr.-Ing. Thi-Thanh-Mai Hoang
- Weekly Hours: 2
- Credits: 3
- Enrolment Deadline: 16.11.2005
- Teaching Form:
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- IT-Systems Engineering MA
The seminar will focus on advanced topics in design and implementation of multi-service network protocols and architectures for next generation Internet. We will explore the following topics throughout the semester:
- Next Step in Internet Signalling
- Active and Programmable Networks
- Mobility Support Paradigms for the Internet (Internet Mobility; Extending TCP/IP for Internet Mobility)
- New Transport Protocols (SCTP, DCCP)
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P)
- Ad Hoc Mobile Routing Protocols
- Multicast and Multicast Congestion Control in MPLS
- Multicast and Multicast Congestion Control in DiffServ
- Admission Control and Signalling in DiffServ
- Each participant will be requested to pick a topic as part of the presentation series (each for ~40 minutes, plus ~20 minutes discussion) and write an essay (~6 pages) based on the assignment.
- The seminar will be held as a block seminar at end of winter semester.
- Grade criteria: 50% presentation (talk), 50% written script
- October 19, 2005, 9:15-10:45, A-1.1: Kickoff-Meeting, assignment of seminar topics, organization stuff.