IT-Entrepreneurship - Execution (Sommersemester 2009)
Lecturer: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
(Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts)
- Weekly Hours: 2
- Credits: 3
- Enrolment Deadline: 08.05.2009
- Teaching Form:
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- IT-Systems Engineering MA
Interactive, team-based seminar with workshop character on entrepreneurial execution.
Bring your own ideas or work on given case studies to evaluate, evolve, and execute them together with venture capitalists, innovators, start-ups, and real entrepreneurs.
- Why is entrepreneurship so important?
- How to generate business ideas?
- What is a business model?
- How can I create value through my business model?
- How do I cross the chasm?
- How to build a team?
- How can I fund a company?
- What does it take to convince investors?
- How do I execute my venture?
The seminar is structured into four main parts with three dates each:
1. Introduction Entrepreneurship
2. Creativity & Business ideas
3. Teamwork: Generate ideas & pitch
1. Business models
2. Examples and case studies (your own or 3rd party)
3. Workshop: Present business models to entrepreneurs
1. Strategy & Marketing
2. Case studies on marketing strategy
3. Workshop: Present new marketing strategies to experts
2. Round table with guests
3. Workshop: The art of pitching to investors
Limited to 16 participants.
Eager interest in Entrepreneurship.
Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore
Innovation & Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker
The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelley
Technology Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise by Richard Dorf and Tom Byers
How to Read a Financial Report by John A. Tracy
- Active participation and contributions to the seminar
- Application of concepts (on your own ideas resp. given case studies)
- Presentations and discussions
Wöchentlich montags 15:15-16:45 Uhr.
Bei Gästen und Diskussionsbedarf kann flexibel verlängert werden.