Emerging Web Service Technologies (Wintersemester 2009/2010)
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Felix Naumann
- Weekly Hours: 2
- Credits: 3
- Enrolment Deadline: 06.11.2009
- Teaching Form:
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- IT-Systems Engineering MA
Service-Oriented Architecture has been popular and successful in both open and business environments. Because SOA is achieved via means of “Web Services”, this seminar will discuss several emerging technologies in the field of ‘Web Services’. The topics of the seminar are divided into five categories: Service Discovery and Selection, Service Management, Service Composition, Quality Of Service, and Semantic Web Services Tools and Use-Cases.
In order to be an active participant in the seminar, we recommend a sufficient background in XML and Database, Algorithms, Networks, Programming Paradigms and n-tier architecture.
- You are expected to show up in all sessions. If you are not able to attend, please let us know per email beforehand.
- Give a talk in English about your topic. You have 30 minutes to explain the topic to your fellow students, who will invest the next 10 minutes to discuss and comment on the topic and the talk.
- You are expected to participate actively in all talks. Discussion and challenging questions are highly encouraged.
- Submit a report of 8-10 pages on your assigned topic. The report is due 3 weeks after the talk. The report should discuss (not summarize) the assigned work/material, showing its strengths and weaknesses, your suggestions and comments, etc. (LaTex Template)
- Your final grade is affected by your talk, your understanding of the topic (answering the challenging questions!), your report, your participation in the discussion and asking questions and your attendance.
Thursdays 9:15 - 10:45 in A-2.2