IT Entrepreneurship II (Sommersemester 2010)
Lecturer: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
- Weekly Hours: 2
- Credits: 3
- Enrolment Deadline: 29.04.2010
- Teaching Form:
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- IT-Systems Engineering MA
Interactive, team-based seminar with workshop character.
Bring your own ideas or work on given case studies to evaluate, evolve, and execute them.
- How can I create value through my business model?
- Why promotion and advertising is NOT marketing?
- How do I cross the high-tech chasm?
- How can I fund a company?
- How do I execute my venture?
There are two building blocks in the lecture:
Approaching high-technology markets
Insights and case studies of marketing strategies
Best practice examples
II. Get Money / Spend Money
Guest lecture with real CFO
Limited to 12-15 participants.
Depending on the attendees this lecture will be held in English or German.
IT Entrepreneurship lecture I is a plus, not a must.
Attending the concurrent business plan competition is a plus, not a must.
Eager interest in entrepreneurship is decisive.
Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore
The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
Technology Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise by Richard Dorf and Tom Byers
How to Read a Financial Report by John A. Tracy
- Active participation and contributions to the seminar
- Application of concepts (on your own ideas resp. given case studies)
- Presentations and discussions