IT-Entrepreneurship II (Sommersemester 2011)
Lecturer: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
- Weekly Hours: 2
- Credits: 3
- Enrolment Deadline: 1.4.2011 - 30.9.2011
- Teaching Form: Seminar
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- Maximum number of participants: 12
Programs & Modules
Lecture dealing with hot spots and core questions of entrpreneurship. All parts are teached and coached in a strong interactive mode mixed with real-world case studies and real entrepreneurs as guest speakers.
Primarily objective is to equip students with knowledge and insights to execute their own business ideas either within a corporation or in an external start-up. Secondary, we aim to motivate more HPI students to think entrepreneurial.
- Why is strategic marketing so important?
- What is so difficult in technology sales?
- How do I create a valid financial plan?
- How can I finance my venture?
Structure of Lecture:
I. Strategic Marketing
Geoffrey Moore: Inside the tornado
Dermot Berkerey: Raising venture capital for the serious entrepreneur
- Case Study (written and presentation)
- Written tests
- Oral contribution
Mondays, 9:15-10:45 in A-2.2. First Monday-session on 2.05.2011 (first session on 13.04.2011, see below)
Additional lectures on Wednesdays, 17:00-18:30 in A-1.2:
- 13.04.2011 (instead of 11.04.)
- 27.04.2011 (instead of 18.04.)
- 08.06.2011 (instead of 06.06.) - room A-1.1
- no lecture on 27.06.2011
- 20.07.2011 (instead of 11.07.)
Additional lecture also on 22.06.2011, 9:00 - 10:30 in A-1.2