Information Retrieval (Wintersemester 2012/2013)
- Weekly Hours: 2
- Credits: 3
- Enrolment Deadline: 1.10.2012 - 31.10.2012
- Teaching Form: VU
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
Programs & Modules
- Internet & Security Technology
- Operating Systems & Information Systems Technology
This lecture will highlight some of the main IR blocks: information theory, indexing, top-k retrieval, general retrieval models and evaluation, link analysis, and social search.
The lecture is for Master students. In order to be an active participant in the lecture, we recommend a sufficient background in Database, Data Structures and Algorithms, Linear Algebra, and Probability Theory.
Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Berthier Ribeiro-Neto: Modern Information Retrieval
Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan, Hinrich Schütze: Introduction to Information Retrieval
Soumen Chakrabarti: Mining the Web, Discovering Knowledge from Hypertext Data
- You are expected to show up in all sessions and tutorials. If you cannot attend for some reason, let us know per email beforehand.
- Present at least two solutions in the tutorials.
Neuer Raum für die Montagstermine, 13.30 Uhr: H-E.51 !