Technology Management (Sommersemester 2020)
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Katharina Hölzle
- Weekly Hours: 4
- Credits: 6
- Enrolment Deadline: 6.4.-22.4.2020
- Teaching Form: Vorlesung
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- Course Language: English
Programs & Modules
- Recht und Wirtschaft
- Management und Leitung
|Due to the current pandemic, this course will be offered online until further notice. Please see the Moodle course for further information. |
The course provides basic knowledge in technology management necessary to identify, develop, and implement technological innovations. Basic theories of technology management by organizations are covered and methods from the field of strategic management learned and applied. The course is organized in cooperation with the Hasso Plattner Institute, the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences of the University of Potsdam, and the Technical University of Berlin.
- gain in-depth knowledge of theories and methods in the field of technology management;
- understand how knowledge of technology management is generated by empirical research and are able to evaluate the quality of relevant primary and secondary literature;
- are able to apply implications from the theories, models, and methods of technology management to practical cases;
- are able to select and apply suitable solution concepts and strategies to a problem that they have helped to develop themselves;
- are able to carry out projects in groups and to present project results in oral and written form in a manner appropriate to the target group.
Interest in the management of technological innovation.
Schilling, M. A. (2020). Strategic Management of Technological Innovation (6th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
The lecture takes place in virtual form.
Detailed information is available in the Moodle course.
From 24.4.2020, Fridays, 10:00-13:00/15:00 (online)