HPI Research School: Ph.D. and Postdoc Scholarships
The Hasso Plattner Institute for Software Systems Engineering (HPI) in Potsdam is Germany’s university excellence center in Computer Science. Annually, the Institute’s Research School offers
10 Ph.D. and Postdoc Scholarships
The HPI Research School focuses on the foundation and application of large-scale, highly complex and interconnected IT systems. With its interdisciplinary and international structure, the Research School interconnects the HPI research groups as well as its international branches at Cape Town University, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology and Nanjing University. The HPI Future SOC Lab, a state-of-the-art computer center, enriches the academic work at the HPI Research School.
The HPI professors and their research groups ensure high quality research and will supervise Ph.D. students in the following topic areas:
- Human Computer Interaction, Prof. Dr. Patrick Baudisch
- Computer Graphics Systems, Prof. Dr. Jürgen Döllner
- Algorithm Engineering, Prof. Dr. Tobias Friedrich
- System Engineering and Modeling, Prof. Dr. Holger Giese
- Software Architecture, Prof. Dr. Robert Hirschfeld
- Internet Technologies and Systems, Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel
- Information Systems, Prof. Dr. Felix Naumann
- Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts, Prof. Dr. h.c. Hasso Plattner
- Operating Systems and Middleware, Prof. Dr. Andreas Polze
- Business Process Technology, Prof. Dr. Mathias Weske
If you have prior experience in any of these areas, you are invited to submit a full application with the following documents:
- curriculum vitae and copies of certificates/transcripts
- brief research proposal
- work samples/copies of relevant scientific work (e.g. master‘s thesis)
- a letter of recommendation
Applications must be submitted by August 15th of the respective year.
Positions are usually available at the beginning of October. Please send your applications to: research-school-application(at)hpi.de.