Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, offers a highly practical and engineering-oriented computer science study program, which is unique throughout Germany. HPI’s university research earns international recognition, with the main focus of its teaching and research on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The Digital Engineering Faculty, established jointly by Hasso Plattner Institute and the University of Potsdam, is one of Germany‘s excellence centers in Computer Science and IT Systems Engineering. In the course of our ongoing expansion, we are currently seeking a
Research Assistant and Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
for our location in Potsdam.
The position is fixed-term and full time.
Your future tasks (Examples, needs to be changed for individual case)
- Research in the field of Data Privacy and Data Engineering
- Presentation of research results in excellent conferences
- Supervision of master and bachelor student projects
- Participation in research group and HPI activities
Your skills (Examples, needs to be changed for individual case)
- A master’s/ bachelor degree in Cybersecurity, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or an equivalent degree
- Theoretical and Practical skills in the fields of Data Security & Privacy – skills in machine learning would be beneficial
- Skills to design and implement new algorithms and systems to handle large (big) datasets
- Strong programming and communication skills
- An independent and self-motivated approach to conducting research and teaching
- Creativity, Commitment, and a Team spirit
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
What we offer (Examples, needs to be changed for individual case)
- A multifaceted job embedded in an exciting and dynamic working environment
- A secure workplace with performance motivators and attractive remuneration
- Flat hierarchy, a motivated team with none bureaucratic cooperation
- Opportunities to cooperate with project partners as well as other scientists
- Cooperation with first-class students as one of the best computer science degree programs in Germany
- Practical research, real use cases and challenges in the big data environment
- Work space at the HPI campus in Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee) near to Berlin
- Attractive employee benefits (corporate benefits)
We look forward to receiving your application file including your salary requirements and possible start date.
Please submit your application file (only as PDF) via email to: hr-meinel(at)hpi.de
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3, 14482 Potsdam, Germany