The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s university excellence center for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The joint Digital Engineering Faculty of the University of Potsdam and HPI offer a practical and engineering-oriented study program in computer science that is unique throughout Germany. HPI carries out internationally recognized university research. The focus of HPI’s teaching and research lies on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The openHPI project operates one of the best-known German learning platforms for MOOCs. We offer open online courses for large numbers of users, develop the necessary software, and run the required infrastructure. In addition to openHPI, we operate platforms for SAP, the World Health Organization, the BMBF and others. Currently, we are supporting about 5 million learners. Parallel to our work in development, we use our platforms to answer current research questions.
To strengthen our dedicated team, we are looking for
Ruby on Rails Developers (m/f/o)
We offer full-time and part-time positions.
Your future tasks
- Further development of our MOOC platform based on Ruby on Rails with a focus on architecture and scaling
- Involvement in design decisions for internal and external customer requirements and an making an shaping the product roadmap
- Planning of features and architecture as part of our agile team of developers, researchers and HPI students (based on Scrum)
What you should bring with you
- Good experience in developing web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Experience in test-driven development (RSpec, Cucumber) is an advantage