Ph.D. Position in Runtime Process Performance Improvement at Hasso Plattner Institute
As part of joint research work between Hasso Plattner Institute and Kühne Logistics University (KLU) we are looking for a PhD student interested in research on the topic "Runtime Process Performance Improvement". The Business Process Technology group at HPI and KLU collaborate in the fields of BPM, data science and business intelligence, business process modelling, execution and adaptation, and Service Oriented Computing.
The goal of the research work is to identify and exploit synergies of the fields of BPM, Data Analytics and Adaptive (Service-based) Systems, and develop approaches for improvement of business process performance by embedding decision support into the running business process. Relevant application fields are commercial and humanitarian logistics, and supply chain management.
We are looking for candidates interested in both conceptual work and as well as software engineering and development.
The PhD student working on the topic of Runtime Process Performance Improvement will be granted a scholarship by HPI and will join the BPT Group. The PhD student will be supervised by Prof. Dimka Karastoyanova.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Solid background and an MSc Degree in one or more of the following fields: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, BPM, SOA;
- Strong interest in combining BPM with data science in real-life applications;
- Excellent software programming skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in speaking and in writing (candidates from non-English speaking countries should be prepared to prove their English language skills);
- Ability to work in a team.
The PhD student is expected to:
- Perform scientific research in the described field;
- Participate in activities of the group and department;
- Participate in teaching activities;
- Participate in courses of the PhD Program of HPI;
- Present and publish results at international conferences and journals;
For more information contact Prof. Dimka Karastoyanova (e-mail: Dimka.Karastoyanova(at)the-klu.org)
The application should consist of the following:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position,
- Detailed CV,
- BSc and MSc Certificates and transcript of records (in English or German),
- List of publications (e.g. MSc Thesis) and software artefacts developed (if applicable),
- Names of three referees.
Application documents (as pdf) should be sent as to Prof. Dimka Karastoyanova via e-mail (Dimka.Karastoyanova(at)the-klu.org)
Position will be open until filled.
Prof. Dr. Dimka Karastoyanova
Hasso Plattner Institute
University of Potsdam