Participation and Awards
From the end of their first term, participation in a society of their choice is compulsory for all Bachelor’s students. The time needed for society activities depends on the division of tasks and on individual commitment within each group. It is possible to move from one society to another.
Apart from the fact that project management experience is an indispensable soft skill, students benefit from society participation in multiple ways:
(1) If desired, students receive a certificate along with their diploma. This certificate documents extracurricular activities and can be an important advantage when applying for a job.
(2)The most successful student societies are awarded a prize each year.
- 2018: School Society, Connect Society, Band Society
- 2017: Film Society, HPI Mgzn/Newspaper Society, Refugee Aid Society, Klub School Society, Connect Society
- 2016: Coder Dojo, PR Society, Film Society, High School Society (special award), Connect Society (special award)
- 2015: Student Representatives (1st), Connect Society (2nd), Website Society (3rd), High School Society (special award)
- 2014: PR Society and Student Representatives (1st), High School Society (2nd), Photo Society (3rd)
- 2013: High School Society (1st), PR Society (2nd), Newspaper and HPI Connect Societies (3rd)
- 2012: High School, Events Society, Photo Society, HPI Band and iDeveloper Society
- 2011: Visual Art Society, Film Society, Photo Society as well as the Alumni Society
- 2010: Events Society, IT Society, the Debating Society and the HPI Magazine
- 2009: High School Society, the HPI Band, Events, Alumni and Public Relations Societies
- 2008: High School, Alumni, and HPI Connect Societies
- 2007: High School and Newspaper Societies