The Security Lab will cover practical exercises in the field of cryptography and crypto analysis. Each task covers a certain topic in this area. It is recommend to have knowledge in basics of cryptography.
- Attacking a permutation
- Attacking a Vigené cipher
- Analysis of EC-Card-PINs
- Attacking a factorization
- Analysis of a key management protocol
- Analysis of the FEAL algorithm
- Attacking the discrete logarithm
The tasks are introduced in the lecture and can be solved by student groups with up to 2 persons. Each task should be realized within 14 days.
- Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier is standard literature and reference for many cryptographic algorithms
- CrypTool (www.cryptool.de) offers descriptions, implementation, and visualization of related topics
- The written results of the teams are evaluated
The Security Lab lecture will start one week after the semester is started. Lectures will be every two weeks.
- Concrete dates will be announced soon
Themenkomplex: Freie Informatikvertiefungsthemen (Master), Softwaresystemtechnische Vertiefungsthemen (Master)
Vertiefungsgebiet: Software Engineering, Security and Safety Engineering