Web Science Group
The research focus of the group is on various topics related to the Web, such as Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery, Social Network Analysis, Entity Linking, and Recommender Systems. We are particularly interested in Text Mining to deal with the vast amount of unstructured and semi-structured information on the Web.
- Analyzing NIH project proposals and funding
- Jointly modeling patents and scientific papers
Topic modeling research
- Combining topic models and word embeddings
- Topic models for multiple corpora
News and social media analysis
- Identifying political bias in UK news articles
- Detecting hate speech in German news comments
- Discovering US politicians' locations using tweets
Analyzing business communication
- Extract companies and their relation from text
- Identify topical networks
Temporal aspects in dynamic text collections
- Hashtag recommendation in Twitter
- Topical changes in StackOverflow
Go to Members
We offer lectures and seminars on the above topics, and also Bachelor and Master projects, as well as Master's theses topics. For a list of open topics have a look here.
We usually have more topics available, so if you are interested in writing your Master's thesis in the area of Web Science, please contact us.
For more information, please visit Teaching.
Go to Publications