To help you tackle this year’s challenge: “Improving the development experience in enterprise cloud platforms” the course is composed of four interwoven parts.
In an introductory workshop, you will get acquainted with the topic and gather first hands-on experiences. Following the workshop, you will develop a simple application for the SAP Cloud Platform in order to gain first-hand experience in the topic. Furthermore, you will conduct case studies with industry partners to learn about their enterprise cloud platform experiences, needs and business cases. Based on both experiences, areas for improvement will be identified and concepts for improvement will be developed in the seminar block week. Finally, you will document the knowledge you gained and showcase your results.
The participation in Trends and Concepts in the Software Industry I is recommended as a preparation for this lecture, however this is not mandatory and recordings of selected TuK I presentations will be provided.
The seminar schedule consists of the following activities:
- We start with a 2-day introduction workshop on the 26th and 27th of November, where basic knowledge about ECPs and the need and possibilities for further development on such platforms will be explained and experienced within hands-on exercises.
- Following the workshop, case studies with different industry partners and their experiences on using and developing for enterprise cloud platforms will help you to identify strength and weaknesses of current solutions.
- Additionally, a programming task will provide you with first-hand experiences on developing for enterprise cloud platforms.
- The main part of the seminar is the block lecture with Prof. Plattner. In this week, your case studies will be presented and concepts for improvement will be developed, refined and polished, following an agile process containing elements from hackathons and design thinking workshops. The seminar week will close with a final presentation of the developed concepts.
- The lecture concludes with a documentation of your case study and the developed concept.