IT in Tele-Medicine and e-Health (Wintersemester 2007/2008)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel
(Internet-Technologien und -Systeme)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 2
- ECTS: 3
- Einschreibefrist: 09.11.2007
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
- IT-Systems Engineering BA
Today´s Telemedicine and e-Health systems offer rich potential of supplementing traditional delivery of services and channels of communication in ways that extend the healthcare organization´s ability to meet the needs of its patients. Benefits include enhanced access to information and resources, empowerment of patients to make informed healthcare decisions, streamlined organizational processes and transactions, and improved quality, value, and patient satisfaction.
This seminar will provide an overview of the various aspects of telemedicine and e-health, including technologies, applications and organization.
- The students need to select a topic from the course and prepare a presentation about it.
- After their presentation they need to prepare a written report and a review of another participant´s work.
Thursday, 9:15 - 10:45, Room A-1.2