IT-Entrepreneurship (Wintersemester 2009/2010)
Dozent: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
(Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 2
- ECTS: 3
- Einschreibefrist: 27.10.2009
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
- IT-Systems Engineering MA
This course is framed into two main parts: A lecture dealing with and mediating of hot spots and core questions of entrepreneurship. And a practical part on writing a business plan about student’s self-chosen or given business venture ideas. Both parts are to be teached and coached in a strong interactive mode mixed with real-world case studies and real entrepreneurs as guest speakers.
Primarily objective is to equip students with knowledge and insights to execute their own business ideas either within a corporation or in an external start-up. Secondary, we aim to motivate more HPI students to think entrepreneurial.
- Why is entrepreneurship so important?
- How to generate business ideas?
- What is a business model?
- How can I create value through my business model?
- Why many engineers fail to build a desirable product (out of a great technology)?
- Why intellectual property (IP) can be valued as revenue?
- What is the magic behind a winning team?
- How to write a good business plan?
The lecture itself is structured into five hot-spot parts with three sessions each:
- I. Business Ideas
- II. Business Models
- III. Productization
- IV. IP Strategy
- V. Team Building
The writing of the business plan is to be coached through 1:1 feedback loops between students and the teaching team. It should cover the following major parts:
- I. Product idea and business model
- II. Market analysis, target customers, and competition
- III. Organization and team
- IV. Finance plan
Interest in Entrepreneurship.
A detailed list will be handed out during the lecture.
- Active participation and contributions to the lecture
- 50% oral presentations and discussions
- 50% written business plan
Mondays and Wednesdays 15.15 to 16.45 in room SNB E-9/10!
Kick-off is on October, 19th 15.15 in room A-1.2