Unternehmensanwendungen: Prozesse, Modelle und Implementierung (Sommersemester 2015)
Dozent: Dr. Matthias Uflacker
- Semesterwochenstunden: 4
- ECTS: 6
- Einschreibefrist: 24.04.2015
- Lehrform: Seminar
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
Studiengänge & Module
- Business Process & Enterprise Technologies
- Operating Systems & Information Systems Technology
Enterprise applications are about storing, displaying, manipulating, and analyzing large amounts of often complex data and the support and automation of business processes with that data. By that definition, data is the central aspect of enterprise software that drives the execution of business processes.
In this seminar, we describe characteristics of enterprise applications. In addition, we discuss typical enterprise business processes and elaborate on the requirements of information systems, which support these workflows. We introduce the concept of in-memory computing, which requires a programming model different from traditional disk-based database management systems. It requires a rethinking of how a system architecture needs to be designed and how functionality has to be distributed among the different layers. We furthermore focus on how enterprise applications are developed and discuss improvements to this programming model.
In the practical part of this seminar, small groups of students will work on improving developer productivity in the context of enterprise applications. As an example, students might develop Eclipse plugins for a database query designer tool that provides instant feedback about the data that is queried and resulting runtimes of queries.
Additional information, lecture notes and seminar topics will be published here
- The participants should be in the 4th semester or higher.
- The number of participants is restricted to 28. If more students apply, we reserve the right to select the participants
Lern- und Lehrformen
The project seminar is a combination of a lecture and a practical part:
- Teachers impart relevant knowledge
- Students work on a self-containing topic in a team of max 4 people
- Students regularly present their work
- Every team comprises a project documentation
- Throughout the whole semester, each team has a weekly meeting with the respective tutor
|Part||Valuation in %||Type|
|Presentations (Mid-term / Final)||30 (10 / 20)||Personal grade|
|Project results||30||Team grade|
|Project documentation||30||Personal grade|
|General participation in the project seminar||10||Personal grade|
All of the components must be passed in order to pass the project seminar.
- Tuesday: 13:30 - 15:00
- Wednesday: 15:15 - 16:45
- First Lecture: 14.04.2015 (Room: D-E.9/10)