Designing Interactive Systems (Sommersemester 2019)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Patrick Baudisch
- Semesterwochenstunden: 4
- ECTS: 6
- Einschreibefrist: 26.04.2019
- Lehrform: Vorlesung
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
- Lehrsprache: Deutsch
- Maximale Teilnehmerzahl: 24
Studiengänge & Module
How would you improve create an interactive systems for blind users? How do you find the best solution and how do you know that it is indeed the best solution? Unlike computers and programs, humans are hard to model. The design of interactive systems is thus different from other areas in computer science in that one has to borrow from design and the empirical sciences. The class consists of two parts that run in parallel: lecture and project
A. Lecture: Every week I will teach one of the basic techniques in interactive system design
- Design: brainstorming, sketching, presentation, design critique, paper prototyping, refinement
- Evaluation: user-centered design, design patterns, discount usability evaluation, heuristic evaluation, interviews, quantitative user studies.
This class can be taken after having taken "Building Interactive Devices" or without.
There will be 60 min midterm exam and a 60 min final exam. In order to be admitted to the exams, participants need to successfully complete homework assignments. Students will solve problems in teams of two, implement a series of prototypes, and present their work in class.