IT-Entrepreneurship (Wintersemester 2018/2019)
Dozent: Dr. Rouven Westphal
Our IT-Entrepreneurship lecture, designed for master students, will teach you all fundamentals needed to pursue your own business idea. To reach this goal, the course combines lecture formats with hands-on experiences throughout your participation at the HPI bootcamp 2018 (Theme: Digital Health).
The lecture starts with a full preparation-day and will be followed by a three-day intensive HPI bootcamp weekend, where you will live through the ups and downs that come along with building a team and bringing forth new business ideas. At the end of the bootcamp you will pitch your idea to an expert jury. The bootcamp will also be open to business students from other universities and D-School alumni. This will give you the opportunity to create great business ideas in interdisciplinary teams. The bootcamp will also be a great networking opportunity.
The lecture will end with a follow-up-day during the week after the bootcamp. The lecture will be held in English and contain guest speakers to impart entrepreneurial knowledge and experience.
Core Questions Addressed in this Course:
- How do I develop a business idea iteratively through customer interviews?
- Is my business idea solving a real problem?
- What could be a good value proposition for my business idea?
- Who do I need for the founding team of my startup?
- How does the Lean Startup Approach help me in creating my startup?
- What aspects do I have to consider when designing a business model?
- What is important to know about the external environment of my business model?
- How can I position my startup among existing competitors?
- What are good go-to-market strategies and revenue models for my business model?
- How do I finance my startup and do I really need venture capital?
If you would like to participate in this lecture, please submit a short application with the information described below by 23 October 2018. The course has a limit of 25 participants. Places are assigned to the most fitting students. Due to the combination with the HPI bootcamp, please let us know the following additional information:
- Name, Email Address, Study Major
- Tell us why you want to participate (2-3 sentences)
- In case you already have a business idea that you want to develop during the lecture, please give us a two sentence explanation of the idea
Please send this information to Nicolai.Bohn(at)hpi.de
Interest in IT-entrepreneurship. Willingness to work on a digital health business challenge during the bootcamp. Eagerness to get hands dirty.
- Eric Ries: The Lean Startup
- Ash Maurya: Running Lean
- Brad Feld: Venture Deals
- Alexander Osterwalder: Value Proposition Design
- Alexander Osterwalder: Business Model Generation
Lern- und Lehrformen
- Lectures (2 full days)
- Hands-on exercises and workshops – during the weekend of the bootcamp (3 full days)
- Guest speaker (to be announced)
Written report (to be submitted after the follow-up day of the lecture) - 100 %
- Preparation day: 9 November 2018, 9.00 am – max. 4.00 pm
- Bootcamp Weekend: 16 November 2018, 12.00pm – 18 November 2018, 7.00pm
- Follow-up day: 23 November 2018, 9.00 am – max. 4.00 pm
Preparation & Follow-up Day: Campus 3, G-3 E.15/16
For questions contact: Nicolai.Bohn(at)hpi.de
- Semesterwochenstunden : 2
- ECTS : 3
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 26.10.2018
- Lehrform : S
- Belegungsart : Wahlpflicht
- Maximale Teilnehmerzahl : 25
Studiengänge & Module
IT-Systems Engineering MA
- Recht und Wirtschaft
- Management und Leitung
Data Engineering MA
- Recht, Wirtschaft, Management
- Management und Leitung
Digital Health MA
- Management and Leadership