Main Memory Data Processing (Sommersemester 2009)
In this seminar advanced technologies for handling and analyzing enterprise data will be explored in the following areas:
- Online analytical processing in a multi-tenant environment
- Benchmark implementations of mixed workloads for transaction processing and analytical processing
- Parallel Discrete Event Simulation
- Discovery Service for the EPCglobal Network
Each participant will write a paper that adheres to the guidelines of scientific writing. The participants are also required to prepare a presentation about their topic. In doing so, they will learn how to defend one's ideas in front of the scientific community. Furthermore, the participants are required to build up impartial opinions on the work of the other participants by writing obejctive reviews of their papers.
Please find the seminar topics and slides here.
In order to acquire the 3 graded credit points, seminar participants have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Preparation of a seminar topic
- Write a paper on the topic
- Review the papers of fellow seminar participants
- Give a talk about the seminar topic (approx. 45 minutes including discussion)
The first seminar meeting will take place on Thursday, April, 23rd in room V 2.16 (HPI Villa) from 11h00 until 12h30. We do not intend to meet regularly with the group of all participants. Instead, each particiant will be assigned to a supervisor with whom he or she will arrange individual meetings. Further information about the seminar will be provided in the first meeting.
- Semesterwochenstunden : 2
- ECTS : 3
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 08.05.2009
- Programm : IT-Systems Engineering MA
- Lehrform :
- Belegungsart : Wahl