Softwaretechnik II (Wintersemester 2009/2010)
Website zum Kurs:
The software industry is more and more pressed towards fast time-to-market and short development cycles. Putting it in other words, if a piece of software is not finished at a certain point in time, it can have negative effects on the companies performance.
Given the fact that a team is limited to a certain number of people and can thus only build a product of a (relatively) fixed size, multiple teams have to collaborate and work on large software projects together. This, of course, leads to a certain overhead.
In Software Engineering 2, you shall learn how to conduct software development in two large groups of about 50 people. We want to prepare you for a situation where you are in a leading position and responsible for a large piece of software. Thus, you shall learn methods, concepts, and technologies that help you to successfully deliver large software in a multiple team setting.
Software Engineering 1
Will be announced in the lecture.
Lern- und Lehrformen
The expected 105 participants will be divided into two groups. Each of the groups will be given the same task which is the requirements engineering, design, and implementation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
We will teach you how to apply the Scrum methodology to a group of about 50 people. This group will be split up into teams leveraging the bachelor project infrastructure. In the course of the semester, you will conduct 4 sprints à 3 weeks.
The theory taught in the lecture can directly be applied in the accompanying exercise. This course focuses more on the methods and concepts and less on the actual result.
The final grading is determined by
- introductory Ruby on Rails exercise (10%, individual mark),
- written exam (30%, individual mark)
- usage of presented methods and concepts such as Scrum, BDD, TDD, SCM, and CI (35%, team mark)
- software development results (25%, team mark)
- if work is not distributed equally amongst team members, individual adjustments of the marks are possible
- winning group (with the best product) gets a 0,3 boost in their team mark
The lecture takes place on Fridays at 11am and 1:15pm at lecture hall 3.
- Semesterwochenstunden : 4
- ECTS : 6
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 28.10.2009
- Programm : IT-Systems Engineering BA
- Lehrform : V
- Belegungsart : Pflicht