Question Answering (Wintersemester 2011/2012)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Felix Naumann
Website zum Kurs:
Automatic Question Answering (QA) has received researchers’ attention over the last decade. It aims to find a short answer string which exactly addresses the users' questions rather than overwhelm them with a large number of retrieved documents, which they must sort through to find the desired answer.
This goal is usually achieved using a combination of different techniques, including
- information retrieval
- information extraction
- natural language processing
- opinion mining.
In this seminar we will cover the most important components and techniques that are required for building a question answering system. In addition, the students will build a QA system that can answer questions from "Who wants to be a millionaire?".
More information can be found in the cource webpage at information systems research group.
- basic knowledge on information retrieval and machine learning
Lern- und Lehrformen
- Weekly seminars
- Literature review for QA systems
- Implementation of a simple QA system for anwering multi-choice questions
- Attending weekly seminars
- Reading of relevant literature for one of the QA components and giving an intermediate talk about the component
- Implementing one part of a simple question answering system for "Who wants to be a millionaire?"
- Presenting the final results of the implemented QA system
The first session in which we will propose the relevant topics will be on Monday, October 17th, 2011 at 15:15. Room: A 2-2
- Semesterwochenstunden : 2
- ECTS : 3
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 1.10.2011 - 31.3.2012
- Lehrform : S
- Belegungsart : Wahlpflicht
Studiengänge & Module
IT-Systems Engineering BA
- Operating Systems & Information Systems Technology