Trends and Concepts in the Software Industry I: Inner Mechanics of In-Memory Databases (Sommersemester 2013)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Hasso Plattner
(Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts)
The focus of this lecture is on enterprise applications, especially with regards to in-memory databases and a programming model for enterprise applications. The lecture will largely be based on the new In-Memory Data Management book by Prof. Hasso Plattner, which will be given for free to all enrolled students at V-2.11 (Andrea Lange). Students can pick up their copy once the enrollment date ("Belegungsfrist") has passed. The latest enrollment date for this lecture is April 30th, 2013.
Parts of the lecture will probably be conducted in a flipped classroom setting, meaning that participants have to prepare parts of the contents content beforehand, which will allow for more dynamic discussions about vital parts of the introduced technologies and additional hands-on sessions.
During the block week, we will have several guided discussions and controversial questions with the aim of reflecting the content and increase your ability to judge current trends and concepts with a focus on in-memory database technology. Additional presentations, probably by the CTO of SAP, the head of SAP HANA development, and the head of SAP product development, will complement the block week.
After the lecture the students should be able to discuss and judge emerging trends of software engineering and data management in the context of enterprise applications.
- Written exam on July 10th, 2013, 15:00 - 16:30 (90 min), HS1 -- 60%
- Individual engagement and discussions during the block week: -- 40%
- Mark of the online exam as a bonus (up to two decimal places; max 0.7)
In order to obtain the ECTS credit points for the lecture, the two parts (written exam and individual engagement) must be passed with a grade of 4,0 or better.
1. bis 4. Juli 2013, HPI-Hörsaal 3
Klausur: 10. Juli 2013, 15:00 Uhr in HPI-Hörsaal 1
- Semesterwochenstunden : 2
- ECTS : 3
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 10.2.2013 - 30.4.2013
- Programm : IT-Systems Engineering MA
- Lehrform : BV
- Belegungsart : Wahlpflicht
- Business Process & Enterprise Technologies
- IT-Systems Engineering A
- IT-Systems Engineering B
- IT-Systems Engineering C
- IT-Systems Engineering D
- Operating Systems & Information Systems Technology
- Software Architecture & Modeling Technology