Event Processing Systems (Wintersemester 2014/2015)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Mathias Weske
(Business Process Technology)
The main objective of the seminar is to provide the students with opportunities to study in depth the relation between business processes and event processing using examples and data stemming from real-world use cases.
The students will be offered to choose from a predefined set of scenarios inspired by the EU project on Green European Transportation (GET) our group is working in (http://getservice-project.eu/). The students will work in teams, two persons each, and will be asked to implement the presented scenarios. Partners from the EU project will provide the corresponding data.
Please be aware that we have to limit the number of students in this seminar to the number of scenarios we are able to offer.
Topics will be presented on Tuesday, October 14th at 15:15 in room H-2.57. (no lecture on Monday, October 13th)
The lecture is for Master students with an interest in testing and implementing real-world scenarios of event processing for logistics processes.
O. Etzion & P. Niblett: Event Processing Action. Manning Publications Co., August 2010
Other literature will be provided for each topic separately.
Each team of two students is graded by their
- Short presentation at the beginning of the semester,
- Demo presentation at the end of the semester, and
- Demo paper on the scenario and its implementation.
Please rank your top 3 scenarios at http://goo.gl/forms/FJz8Uuh5gB (application deadline: 20.10.2014, notification shortly after, in time for registration deadline on 24.10.2014).
- Semesterwochenstunden : 4
- ECTS : 6
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 24.10.2014
- Programm : IT-Systems Engineering MA
- Lehrform : S
- Belegungsart : Wahlpflicht
- Business Process & Enterprise Technologies
- Operating Systems & Information Systems Technology