IT-Entrepreneurship (Wintersemester 2014/2015)
Dozent: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
- Founder Team
- Idea Generation
- Business Modeling
- Startup & Strategic Marketing
- Product/Market fit & Minimum Viable Product
- Budgeting & Financing
- We invite entrepreneurial guest speakers for specific topics.
Core questions (lecture):
- How do I generate a business idea?
- What aspects to consider when creating a business model?
- How to put a product on a market?
- How to get customer feedback early on?
- Who do I need for a winning team?
- The course does not close with a final exam. To have you take away the course essentials, we will test your knowledge repeatedly throughout the term in various ways.
Starting from your business ideas, you will develop and present a business case. This will end in a prototype that you test in the market.
The exercises are framed in a way to challenge like an entrepreneur is challenged with various tasks every day. You will learn that you are able to handle many things even if you did not learn them before in any setting.
Core questions (exercise):
- How do I develop a good business case?
- How do I develop my presentation pitch?
- How do I quickly test market my product?
Interest in creating your own venture. Eagerness to get hands dirty.
Primary objective is to equip students with knowledge and insights to execute their own business ideas. Furthermore, we aim to motivate more HPI students to think entrepreneurial.
- Course has a limit of participants. Places are assigned on "First come, first served" basis. –
- Eric Ries: The lean startup
- Guy Kawasaki: The art of the start
- Alexander Osterwalder: Business model generation
Oral Contribution, Exercises, Challenges, Presentations.
Wednesday, 9:15-10:45 AM (first Wednesday one-time 15:15 PM)
- Semesterwochenstunden : 4
- ECTS : 6
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 24.10.2014
- Programm : IT-Systems Engineering MA
- Lehrform : S
- Belegungsart : Wahlpflicht
- Maximale Teilnehmerzahl : 20