Event Processing (Sommersemester 2015)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Mathias Weske
(Business Process Technology)
This lecture will highlight the fundamentals of event processing:
- Event-based systems and event-driven architectures
- Event patterns
- Event processing
- Applications of event processing
“Today, any kind of information system, from Internet to a cell phone, is driven by events.” (D. Luckham, Power of events)
The lecture is for Master students. In order to be an active participant in the lecture, we
recommend a sufficient background in software architectures and databases.
O. Etzion & P. Niblett: Event Processing Action. Manning Publications Co., August 2010
G. Mühl et al.: Distributed Event-based Systems. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2006
D. Luckham: The Power of Events. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., 2001
The class grade is determined by a 90min final exam. Complementary assignments are optional, but recommended as they help to prepare for the exam.
The exam takes place on the 28th of July 2015, 11:00 in room A2.2.
Tuesdays, 11:00-13:30, A-2.2
First lecture takes place on the 14th of April, 11:00 in room H-E.51 (because of the DRK-Blutspendeaktion).
- Semesterwochenstunden : 2
- ECTS : 3
- Benotet :
- Einschreibefrist : 24.04.2015
- Programm : IT-Systems Engineering MA
- Lehrform : V
- Belegungsart : Wahlpflicht
- Business Process & Enterprise Technologies
- Operating Systems & Information Systems Technology