Digital Health Design Lab (Sommersemester 2021)
Dozent: Dr. Jonathan Edelman
(Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 4
- ECTS: 6
- Einschreibefrist: 18.03.2021 - 09.04.2021
- Lehrform: Seminar
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
- Lehrsprache: Englisch
- Maximale Teilnehmerzahl: 18
Studiengänge, Modulgruppen & Module
Course starts 04/12/21
Digital Health Design Lab is a hands-on studio course about shaping innovative products, services and systems. Through richly illustrated presentations, relevant theory, and hands on exercises, participants gain insight and experience with the foundations of design in the context of digital health, as well as understanding and practicing effective team interaction and communication.
Participants will be supported in exploring, developing and communicating a professional vision of their contribution to the field of Digital Health. This will be done through development of individual and group project work relevant to their focus in Digital Health. Participants are expected either to make significant progress on their Digital Health projects during this semester, or be very well prepared for their digital health projects in the upcoming semester.
Participants will learn principles and practices of human centered design in the context of Digital Health.
- Knowledge-related competencies: how design is an essential element in creating rich and engaging products, services and user experiences; how to make radical, relevant and rigorous innovation in the context of products, services, systems; and how to cultivate a culture of innovation.
- Methodological competencies: case study creation and analysis; synthesis; prototyping and testing; video prototyping for ideation and communication; design theory and methodology; workshop creation; presentation techniques.
- Social competencies: group work, discussions and structured critiques.
Lern- und Lehrformen
Lecture; group discussion; participant presentations; hands on exercises; project work.
This is a hands-on course and requires active participation and engagement from attendees. You will be expected to contribute verbally and materially to each session of the course, sharing insights, questions and your project work on a regular basis.
The grade will be calculated on the basis of:
Please note: Any changes to the grading rubric will be announced by the second session of the course.
Mondays from 11am- 12:30 pm &
Wednesdays from 15:15 pm-16:45pm
For organisational reasons attendance is compulsory for the first two weeks of the course.
Course will be held via Zoom.