Trends und Konzepte in der Software Industrie II - Entwicklung von Geschäftsanwendungen (Wintersemester 2015/2016)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Hasso Plattner
(Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 4
- ECTS: 6
- Einschreibefrist: 23.10.2015
- Lehrform: BS
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
Studiengänge & Module
- IT-Systems Engineering A
- IT-Systems Engineering B
- IT-Systems Engineering C
- IT-Systems Engineering D
For the most up-to-date information, please visit http://hpi.de/plattner/teaching/winter-term-201516/trends-and-concepts-ii-apps-for-smart-cities.html the course site on our chair's website.
This lecture will be held in a Stanford-like teaching approach. The course is composed of two interwoven parts: Technological discussions and a design thinking project.
The idea is to look into immutable concepts illustrated by real world examples. Topics related to the contents of Prof. Plattner's lecture "Trends and Concepts in the Software Industry I" will be taken up and reflected upon. The participation in "Trends and Concepts in the Software Industry I" is recommended as a preparation for this lecture, but not mandatory.
From the design perspective, topics include the design thinking process, innovation and prototyping methodologies, need finding, human factors, and team dynamics. Participants experience a design thinking project embedded in the technological topics of this course.
Knowledge of in-memory database technology, either through:
- having attended the previous lecture "Trends and Concepts in the Software Industry I"
- having attended the online lecture "In-Memory Data Management" on openHPI.de
- or self-study of the online course material until November. Please register at openHPI.de
Please familiarize yourself with the general material:
- A Course in In-Memory Data Management: The Inner Mechanics of In-Memory Databases by Hasso Plattner (please contact Andrea Lange in order to borrow the book for seminar preparation).
- Book Chapter: Design Thinking by Plattner, H., Meinel, C., Weinberg, U., design THINKING – Innovation lernen, Ideenwelten öffnen. Pages 101-135 (please contact Andrea Lange in order to borrow the book for seminar preparation).
During the block lecture several team presentations and discussions will be held. The grade of the seminar will be determined by
- Engagement to discussions, the project and team work, intermediate presentations (30%),
- Viability, feasibility, and desirability of project results in the final presentation (40%),
- Documentation of the results (a written report - 20 p. LNCS including a screen cast/video/description of the prototype per team, 30%).
22.-26.2.16 Hauptgebäude 3. Etage