IT-Entrepreneurship (Wintersemester 2017/2018)
Dozent: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 2
- ECTS: 3
- Einschreibefrist: 27.10.2017
- Lehrform: Seminar
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
- Maximale Teilnehmerzahl: 15
Studiengänge & Module
- Management und Leitung
- Recht und Wirtschaft
This year, the IT-Entrepreneurship lecture will include the participation at the HPI bootcamp. It starts with a with a preparation-day at the beginning of the course and will be followed by the three-day intensive HPI bootcamp weekend, where you will live through the ups and downs that come along with building a team and bringing forth new business ideas and experience startup life first hand. At the end of the bootcamp you will pitch your bootcamp work to an expert jury. The bootcamp will also be open to HHL business students and D-School alumni. So that you have the opportunity to create great business ideas in interdisciplinary teams. The theme of this year’s bootcamp is Digital Health. The IT-Entrepreneurship lecture will end with a follow-up-day. The lecture will contain several guest speakers to impart entrepreneurial knowledge and experience and the bootcamp will also be a great networking opportunity.
Core questions that are addressed in this course:
- Who do I need for a founder team?
- How do I develop a business idea by getting customer feedback early on?
- What aspects do I have to consider when creating a business model?
- How do I put a product on a market?
- How do I finance a startup?
The course has a limit of 15 participants. Places are assigned to the most fitting students. Due to the combination with the HPI bootcamp, please let us know the following additional information:
- Name, e-mail address, some background information about yourself
- Tell us why you want to participate
- If you have a business idea that you want to develop during the course and the bootcamp, please give us a one sentence explanation of the idea
Please send this information to Nicolai.Bohn(at)hpi.de
Interest in entrepreneurship. Eagerness to get hands dirty.
- Eric Ries: The lean startup
- Ash Maurya: Running Lean
- Guy Kawasaki: The art of the start
- Alexander Osterwalder: Business model generation
Lern- und Lehrformen
- Lectures (input-sessions)
- Hands-on exercises and workshops – during the weekend of the bootcamp
- Guest talks (e.g. Markus Müller, Head of Product Number26)
- Preparation day: 17 November 2017, 9.00 am – max. 4.00 pm
- Bootcamp: 24 November 2017, 12.00pm – 26 November 2017, 7.00pm
- Follow-up day: 8 December 2017, 9.00 am – max. 4.00 pm
Rooms: For the bootcamp: D-Space; preparation & follow-up day: Campus 3, G-3 E.15/16
For questions contact: Nicolai.Bohn(at)hpi.de