- Iam head of the Web Science research group and Senior Researcher at the Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany.
- In 2019-2020, I was a visiting Professor and hold the Chair of Intelligent Systems at University of Passau, Germany.
- Research areas I am interested in comprise
- Text Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval
- Machine Learning
- Recommender Systems
- In 2014 I was a postdoctoral fellow in the research school of the Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam, Germany.
- From 2012 to 2014 I was a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of California in Irvine in the DataLab headed by Prof. Smyth. I was involved in FUSE, an IARPA project dealing with foresight and understanding from scientific exposition.
- I obtained my PhD from Leibniz Universität Hannover while working for the L3S Research Center in Hannover, Germany under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Nejdl. I was involved in two projects: PHAROS, an EU project aiming to build an audiovisual search engine and LivingKnowledge, an EU project dealing with opinions, bias, and diversity in the Web.
- Before that, I studied Philosophy and Computer Science in Karlsruhe, Germany at the Universität Karlsruhe (TH). I wrote my Master's Thesis at the Institute for Program Structures and Data Organization (IPD) under the supervision of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. em. P.C. Lockemann, Prof. Dr. René Witte, and Prof. Dr. Sabine Bergler.
- I spent some time in Montréal, Québec, Canada working in the CLaC Laboratory. Beside the CLaC Lab, I am also cooperating with the Semantic Software Lab. Both are part of Concordia University.
For more information please contact me.