Mana Taheri is a researcher at the HPI-Stanford Design Thinking Research Program (HPDTRP) and a PhD student at the Potsdam University, where she explores the impact of cultural context on Design Thinking education.
At the HPDTRP, her team and her design, run and conduct research on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and blended learning formats on topics around Design Thinking. They have designed 4 MOOCs and reached over 18000 learners. Mana is especially interested in creating culturally inclusive learning experiences online. To learn more about her MOOCs, please visit www.openhpi.de.
Mana has been part of the teaching team at the HPI School of Design Thinking and is a freelance facilitator. She works as an illustrator and a graphic recorder and teaches organization how to convey ideas using simple visuals.
Mana holds a master’s degree in Economics and Management from Humboldt University in Berlin. She is part of the teaching team at the Humboldt’s International Summer School in Economics and Management in Havana, Cuba since 2014.
Mana was born and raised in Tehran, where she obtained her bachelor’s degree in Economics.
- Taheri, M, Hölzle, K. and Meinel, C. (2019). Designing Culturally Inclusive MOOCs. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Taheri, M., Hölzle, K. and Meinel, C. (2019). Towards Culturally Inclusive MOOCs: A Design-based Approach. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer Supported Education CSEDU,Crete, Greece, 509-604. DOI: 10.5220/0007715805970604.
- Taheri, M., Mayer, L., von Schmieden, K., & Meinel, C. (2018). The DT MOOC prototype: Towards teaching design thinking at scale. In Design thinking research (pp. 217-237). Springer, Cham.
- Taheri, M., Unterholzer, T., Hölzle, K., & Meinel, C. (2016). An educational perspective on design thinking learning outcomes. In ISPIM Innovation Symposium (p. 1). The International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM).
- Taheri, M., Unterholzer, T., & Meinel, C. (2016). Design thinking at scale: A report on best practices of online courses. In Design thinking research (pp. 217-235). Springer, Cham.
- Taheri, M., & Meinel, C. (2015). Pedagogical Evaluation of the Design Thinking MOOCs. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference for Design Education Researchers, Chicago, USA, 469-481.