This website uses Piwik, an open-source software for the statistical analysis of visitor traffic. The tool uses so-called Cookies for this purpose. Every time you access the HPI website the following data is stored in a protocol file:
- Name of the accessed file
- Date and time of access
- Volume of data transferred
- Notification if file retrieval was successful
- IP address
- Web address previously accessed (referrer URL)
- Information about the operating system
- Host name
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is stored on the provider’s server in Germany. This data is evaluated solely to optimize the website. This information is not
disclosed to third parties whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
The IP address is rendered anonymous immediately after it is processed and before it is stored (for Piwik). You can prevent the installation of cookies by configuring your browser to that effect. We would however like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of the website.
- Non-acceptance of cookies
- User query with each cookie
- Disposal of all cookies after user has visited the site
- and much more …