Ph.D. Student or Postdoctoral Researcher
The Algorithm Engineering group at the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) invites applications for a
Ph.D. Student or Postdoctoral Researcher in Algorithm Engineering.
The applicant should have an interest in combining mathematical theory and practical algorithm development. The position is funded by the research project "Virtual Compressor" in which we want to apply state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and statistical methods on industrial time series data.
The HPI is a unique research and teaching institute in Germany, which was founded in 1999 as an institute of the University of Potsdam. HPI carries out internationally acclaimed research and offers innovative academic majors in the field of IT Systems Engineering. The institute offers a vibrant scientific environment at the beautiful Campus Griebnitzsee, which is located at the border to Berlin.
What we offer:
- Inspiring research environment
- Close collaboration with other scientists
- Generous travel allowance
- Modern work space in Potsdam-Babelsberg
- Integration into an international group of researchers
What we expect:
- An excellent master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Enthusiasm for mathematical problems and scientific work
- Enjoying teamwork and collaboration
- PhD student applicants should have a desire to obtain a PhD within 3-4 years
- Postdoctoral researchers from other fields may apply as well, but should provide a one-page motivation letter detailing how they fit in the research project.
- All applications should include a detailed CV, a copy of the (Master or PhD) thesis and a list of courses and grades.
- Please also mention names and contact details of one or two references -- preferably one from your thesis adviser.
- Interested candidates should direct their questions to Tobias Friedrich.
- Applications must be sent via email, preferably as a single PDF, to jobs-friedrich(at)hpi.de by August 15, 2018