- This course introduces basic concepts of statistical data analysis and their practical application in Mobile Computing and Connected Healthcare.
- The course covers the entire range of statistical data analysis. Topics include how to design an empirical data collection in a statistical valid way, how to collect data from daily life with the help of mobile computing, and how to achieve statistical test results.
- Lessons learned will be applied in practice by conducting empirical experiments with mobile phones.
- There are no special requirements to attend this lecture since all needed background knowledge is provided within the course.
- Lecture: Monday 1.30pm - 3.00pm in G2.U.10-14 (computer pool room in the basement of the Digital Health Center)
- Tutorial: Tuesday 9.15am - 10.45pm in G2.U.10-14
Please find all course material on openHPI.
- Design and conduct a data collection experiment with mobile phones.
- Perform statistical data analysis of the collected data.
- Write a technical report about your experimental study and present it in the lecture.